Master of Arts in Management
College of Professional Studies
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with others
- Apply economic, financial and managerial theories to meet organizational goals
- Develop skills of leadership that apply to either for-profit or nonprofit organizations, such as corporations, hospitals, churches, museums, schools and social service organizations
- Present and implement solutions to address business problems
Unique Program Features
- Tailored to the needs of working adults. Course times are flexible and run in short, eight-week terms.
- Focus on applied learning, which provides you practical experience in your professional career and promotes your development as both a leader and manager.
- Class sizes are kept to 15 to 20 students, so that you receive the personal attention you deserve.
Interested in Doane?
Let us know!
Human Resource Management
Focus on employee relations, compensation, management, and personnel law. Those interested in the HRM emphasis will find that the courses and objectives align with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification exams. This emphasis will prepare recruiters, compensation managers, and generalists.
Encourages students to implement effective coaching, communication, and managerial methods in supervisory roles. The Leadership emphasis prepares emerging leaders by immersing them in the context and applications of leadership. This emphasis is applicable across all industries and management and leadership roles.
Utilizes process creation, timeline development, and resource management to improve efficiency in a variety of industries including manufacturing, service, healthcare, government, and transportation. Those interested in the PM emphasis will find that the courses and objectives align with the Project Management Institute (PMI) certification exams.
Incorporates business principles while helping students understand the context in which the healthcare system operates. This emphasis prepares candidates to lead and manage in the context of healthcare systems. Candidates will be prepared to serve in a leadership role following completion of this program.
Considers the business side of the public sector including budgeting, policy analysis, and rational decision making. This emphasis prepares candidates to lead and manage in the context of public, government, and nonprofit systems.
Explores supply chain metrics, consequences in supply chain decisions, and develops an understanding of the strategic components of logistics management within the context of global operations. Candidates interested in this emphasis will understand operations management, product fulfillment, and distribution functions.
In the context of a world of data and data collection, learners will consider and explore how firms across all industries collect and analyze data in relation to customer personas, market trends, business intelligence, and cyber security.
Tailored Option: Build your own emphasis area
The tailored emphasis option lets students select key coursework of interest to them. Students choosing to do the tailored option can select courses from any of the emphasis areas as well as approved graduate business elective offerings.
I know I am a better husband, father, and person for attending Doane.
Levi Bennett ’16
Master of Arts in Management, Developing Leader Coaches CapstoneContinue Levi's Story
We've had such a great experience at Doane with the people, the classes, being able to lead and manage in our outside lives, professionally and personally.
Christina & Mana Farahani ’15
Master of Arts in Management, Leading EdgeContinue Christina's Story