Master of Arts in Leadership
Advance Your Career with a Master of Arts in Leadership Degree from Doane University
Earn Your Master’s When and Where It Fits Your Lifestyle
What Skills Will You Gain With a Master of Arts in Leadership?
Leadership isn’t something you’re born with, but a combination of skills you learn and how you apply them. With our degree, you’ll build a solid foundation in leadership theory. From there, we emphasize six essential skills.
With these skills, students will be able to better navigate change individually and within organizations, lead diverse and inclusive teams and apply leadership throughout their lives.
Global and Social Responsibility
Leadership and Management
Problem-Solving and Decision Making
- Official transcript
- Previous completion of a Bachelor's degree
- $50 application fee
Students meet once a week over Zoom, a method that accommodates busy schedules while retaining the benefits of meeting together as a class.
Please refer to this link from Zoom regarding questions about system and bandwidth requirements, as well as supported web browsers.
100% of graduates in 2023 say they use more analytical, creative, and effective thinking skills when considering issues and problems.
92% of graduates in 2023 say they collaborate more effectively with others.
92% of graduates in 2023 say they consistently apply moral principles to their decision making and behavior.
92% of graduates in 2023 were not seeking employment (i.e., they are employed, in graduate school, etc.)
Jobs of 2023 graduates:
- Senior Benefits Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Foster Care Program Director
- Human Resources Generalist
- Operations and Customer
- Quality Engineer
Places of Employment for 2023 graduates:
- Rand Worldwide
- Epworth Village
- Applied Materials
- Union Bank & Trust Company
2023 graduates will work in Nebraska and California
The Doane Difference
When asked, "what one thing significantly helped your ability to complete your Doane experience?", students responded saying:
- They appreciate the flexibility of the program as well as the feedback they receive from their professors.
- Faculty understand that students are pulled in many directions.
- They appreciate, “teachers understanding the non-traditional factor in my education.”
- They're challenged to think deeply.
The Benefits of a Liberal Arts Degree from Doane
Many students pursue graduate programs to advance their careers. Our liberal arts approach adds a new dimension. You’ll learn the hard skills, like ethics, and develop the soft skills, such as effective communication, to make you stand out as an empathic and intelligent leader.
Small class sizes encourage collaboration and creative problem-solving and make space for multiple perspectives.
Niche skills are nice to have — and our students excel in their chosen field of study — but fluency in critical thinking is invaluable. With a liberal arts degree from Doane, you will:
- Possess the necessary skills to adapt and lead in our changing world
- Be ready to solve problems in unique ways
- Make immediate differences in your career and community
- Feel personally and professionally fulfilled
Master of Business Administration or Master of Arts in Leadership: Which Program Is Your Best Fit?
Both our MBA and MIL programs are immersive and leadership-based. How do you decide which one to pursue? The best match depends on your overall goals and needs.
Our MIL program develops you as an ethical, emphatic, resilient leader. This program is best suited for individuals who have a broad interest in leadership and might work outside the business industry.
- 30 courses
- Finish your degree within two years
- Classes offered via distance learning
While it features a leadership component, our MBA program covers all aspects of business, including accounting, data analytics, finance, marketing, ethics and international business. This program is best suited for individuals who have an interest in the numbers and strategy behind business and may already have a career in the industry.
- 24 courses
- Finish your degree within two years
- Accelerated MBA program can be completed in less than one year
- Classes offered in-person in the evening, online or hybrid