Transfer to Doane
Transfer students are defined as a student who has obtained a high school diploma or a GED and currently attends, or has received credit from a different college or university.
Each application is reviewed on an individual basis when determining admission. Students with a 2.25 GPA and 24 semester credit hours, or more meet our requirements for admission. Students who do not meet these requirements are reviewed by our Faculty Admission Committee.
Doane University participates in the Nebraska Transfer Initiative with all community colleges in the state.
- Only grades C- or higher are brought in for transfer credit.
- Doane accepts a maximum of 90 semester hours in transfer credit. If a student has completed an associate degree, diploma or professional certificate at a two-year college, a maximum of 60 semester credits are accepted in transfer.
- If a student did not complete a professional competency (noted above) course are evaluated individually. In this evaluation a maximum of six semester credits are accepted in transfer for courses not normally offered at a four-year accredited college or university.
- Transfer credits are posted without a grade. Credits are not included in the Doane University grade point average calculations, but do count toward the total credits required for graduation.
- Doane awards credits in semester hours. Quarter credits are converted to semester credits at a 2/3 rate. Example a 4.5Q = 3S or 6Q = 4S
- Doane requires that the previous institution(s) be accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations: North Central, New England, Middle States, Northwest, Southern, or Western. Credit from unaccredited institutions is not accepted. However, in some instances, credit from special purpose institutions (e.g. Bible Colleges accredited by the American Association of Bible Colleges) is accepted.