Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning
The Doane Difference
- CETL provides opportunities for faculty to increase their own pedagogical and scholarly knowledge.
- Through orientation, roundtable discussions, workshops, and faculty seminars, CETL offers faculty information, presentations, and resources to support and improve instructional skills.
- CETL promotes research-based study that fosters academic engagement, learning, and success for all students.
- At CETL, we promote Doane's reflective culture of innovative teaching, active involvement, and scholarly pursuits by using a comprehensive approach to mentoring faculty; from their arrival and throughout their career.
- Through cohort luncheons, portfolio development workshops, roundtable discussions, and one-on-one consultations, CETL supports faculty in an ongoing, flexible manner that is responsive to individual needs.
Community & Collaboration:
- CETL values interdisciplinary collaboration among faculty and seeks to further its mission through a variety of events that foster communication and a sense of community.
- Through monthly faculty seminars, a yearly Faculty Appreciation Week, and an Open Classroom initiative, CETL provides institutional and informal opportunities for faculty to learn from one another.
Early-Career Mentoring: We regularly engage our faculty through their first three years at Doane University to help them be successful and thrive as teachers and scholars.
Informal Social Gatherings: Periodic faculty happy hours and lunches are an ideal time for colleagues to gather for support from their community.
Mentoring Faculty Women: Lunches hosted for faculty women provides a community of practice, and discussion of topics of concern.
Individual Consultations: Our directors provide individual consultations to faculty members as needed. For more information or to book a consultation, faculty members may email firstname.lastname@example.org, any of the CETL directors or click the following link: CETL Consultation Request Form
Associate Professor of Practice
English - Associate Professor