DoaneX was created from the partnership between Doane University and edX, a cutting-edge, online educational platform that offers courses from more than 130 member institutions and a diverse group of prominent organizations from around the world. Based in Cambridge, MA and founded by Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, edX is focused on transforming online and classroom learning through groundbreaking methodologies, interactive educational experiences and innovative research on an open-source platform.
DoaneX provides Doane University with a platform to enhance our mission of providing an exceptional educational experience to a global audience. As the only university in Nebraska to partner with edX, Doane continues to pave the way as a leader in higher education. Through DoaneX, a variety of courses will be offered to match national and global interest, with the initial programs launching in January 2018.
Program TypesDoaneX's offerings will include program tracks in three categories:
- The XSeries Certificate program is a series of offerings that provide a deep understanding of an area of study and serves as a great career exploration tool.
- The Professional Certificate program is a series of competency-focused offerings designed to enhance professional skills and boost your resume.
- The MicroMasters program is a series of career-focused, master’s-level online offerings recognized by employers and higher education institutions resulting in an edX credential with a pathway to credit at Doane.
How to transform your MicroMasters.
Take a series of online courses on edX, and pass all the course requirements.
Pass one (or more) proctored exams - either a single final exam, or one for each course depending on the program.
Earn a Valuable Credit
A MicroMasters credential from DoaneX proves that you’ve gained the knowledge and skills to give you a competitive advantage for career success.
Pursue a Masters
Learners who complete the MicroMasters program can apply for the Master’s degree program at Doane or other universities.
Faculty & Staff
Doane University is working with the following institutions to create pathways for learners.
- Supply Chain Management MicroMasters
- Data, Economic, Development, Policy MicroMasters
- Statistics and Data Science MicroMasters