Writing Resources for Students
Citation and Style Formatting Guidance
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- CSE Style (guide by the UW-Madison Writing Center)
- You can use Zotero to manage and store research and also generate citations: we recommend always double-checking the accuracy of any automatically generated citations against the official guidelines for the style you're working in.
Academic Integrity. This short video explains the key terms and expectations for all members of the Doane community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu48jwUozpY&feature=youtu.be.
Cover letters. This guide offers some guidelines for revising strong cover letters.
- Education majors:
- The Writing Center offers these annotated example Praxis essays to show you how high-scoring answers function and the moves you can try.
- The Writing Center suggests this outline as one way to structure and practice your responses to the argumentative essay on the Praxis test.
- The Writing Center provides this guide specifically for the most common grammar and punctuation issues tested on the Praxis. It includes definitions and explanations of the rules as well as examples of errors with their corrections.
- Journalism and media majors:
- Environmental science majors: