Preparing for Severe Weather:
Having a personal safety plan is the best proactive measure you can take to mitigate the risks of severe weather. Primarily this relates to being aware of impending weather and being aware of your surroundings, including the location of near by shelters. The following information is meant to supplement your personal safety plan while on any Doane campus.
- Campus Severe Weather Shelters:
- Crete - Link
- Lincoln - Basement of Fred Brown Building
- Grand Island - Center structure, (library)
- Omaha - Vending area, copy room
- Tornado best practices: Link
Consider downloading our campus Crisis Manager app. This app places the Doane emergency manual at your fingertips. You can request access and a "how to" guide by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.