Preparing for Severe Weather
Having a personal safety plan is the best proactive measure you can take to mitigate the risks of severe weather. Primarily this relates to being aware of impending weather and being aware of your surroundings, including the location of near by shelters. The following information is meant to supplement your personal safety plan while on any Doane campus.
Local Weather Information
Severe Weather Shelters
- Crete Campus Location PDF
- Lincoln - Basement of Fred Brown Building
- Grand Island - Center structure, (library)
- Omaha - Vending area, copy room
- Best Tornado Practices (Ready.Gov)
Consider downloading our campus Crisis Manager app. This app places the Doane emergency manual at your fingertips. You can request access and a "how to" guide by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.