Staff New Hire Checklist
This checklist outlines the paperwork and other tasks that you will need to complete as a new hire. If you would like to get a jump start on your new hire paperwork, click on the linked forms in Section 1.
Within your first three days of employment you will meet with a member of the Human Resources team to go over the items on the new hire checklist.
At this meeting, if you completed any forms beforehand from Section 1, you can turn those forms in and have the chance to discuss or complete any remaining items.
Section 1: On or Before Your First Day
The deadline for the following forms is three business days after your start date.
The deadline for the following forms is 30 days after your start date.
- Read and Sign the Conflict of Interest Policy
- Complete the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
- Complete required Web-Based Training Courses
Section 2: Discuss and/or Complete at your meeting with an HR Rep, which will take place once you begin employment.
- Complete the I-9 form in the presence of an HR team member. You must provide documents of identity and employment authorizations. The following must be completed within three business days of your start date.
Complete the following forms and return to Human Resources within 30 days of your start date.
- Complete the Mutual of Omaha Enrollment form for Term Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
- If you choose to purchase additional voluntary life and AD&D insurance for you or a dependent, complete the Mutual of Omaha Voluntary Life and AD&D Enrollment section of the form.
- Complete the Health and Dental Insurance Blue Cross Blue Shield enrollment form or the declination of coverage.
- If you choose to enroll in Vision Insurance through VSP, complete the VSP enrollment form.
- If you would like to sign up for a 403(b) plan, contact Carol Bietz in the Payroll Office at 402-826-8312 or email@example.com.
- You may discuss additional work/life benefits offered with an AFLAC representative (Flexible Spending Accounts and supplemental insurance). You will be contacted by AFLAC within the first month of your employment.
Section 3: Other Resources
- Read the Employee Handbook. The Handbook governs conditions of employment at Doane University.
- FERPA Training Course - Optional, but highly recommended for those who handle student information.
- Keys, Parking Tags, and ID Cards
- Crete Campus Only: The Safety Office will provide you with your keys, parking tag, and ID card. Complete the Employee Parking Form, for your parking tag and bring the form to the Safety Office, located in Padour Walker.
- Lincoln, Grand Island, and Omaha Campuses: Your supervisor will assist you with getting any keys you need. Parking tags and Employee ID's are not needed on these campuses.
- Visit Web Advisor. After your first payday, Web Advisor will allow you to view your employment history, including electronic pay vouchers and profile information.
- If your position requires you to have a name badge, submit a request here.
- If your position requires you to have a business card, submit a request here.