Marketing Office Takes Grand Gold and More...
The Doane College Marketing Communications office received seven awards - including a grand gold - from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) during the CASE District VI conference Jan. 13-15 in Denver.
The seven awards earned Doane the district's first-place "Sweepstakes Winner" honor for earning the most awards in the enrollment category of 3,000 - 4,999 students. CASE is the international organization for educational advancement, made up of colleges, universities and independent school staff members in the areas of alumni relations, communications and marketing, and philanthropy.
The awards were as follows:
- Grand Gold award for Excellence in Communications - Overall Publications, for the Doane Magazine. The award was for the publications program improvement category. The magazine is designed by Allan Recalde and Carrie Conrad and written and edited by marketing communications and advancement staff.
- Gold award for Excellence in Writing, General Publications for the Doane Magazine story "Quite a Ride," written by Rebecca Svec. The article shared the touching story of the 86-year-old winner of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle raffled by a Doane marketing class.
- Silver award for Excellence in Advertising - Billboard, for the billboard campaign "Don't Quit Your Day Job" for graduate and adult learners, designed by Jacque Pomajzl and Allan Recalde.
- Silver award for Excellence in Advertising - Billboard, for the billboard campaign "Learning for Real Life," designed by Jacque Pomajzl and Allan Recalde.
- Silver award for Excellence in Writing - Press Release, for "Doane Students Among 11 Finalists in National Inventors Competition," written by Rebecca Svec.
- Bronze award for Excellence in Graphic Design, for "Into Africa," designed by Allan Recalde for the Doane Magazine.
CASE received hundreds of entries for the annual awards program from schools in Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming. Entries are critiqued by judges outside of the submitting CASE region. All award levels are not given in each category. Doane's Grand Gold award was among only a few awarded at the regional level.
Doane's Marketing Communications office includes:
Jacque Pomajzl, director of marketing and public relations
Nancy Weyers, marketing technology director
Rebecca Svec, director of media relations
Allan Recalde, art director
Carrie Conrad, graphic designer