Doane University Homecoming 2018
September 30 - October 7order your Homecoming T-shirt by Sept. 10th to have it delivered to your home.
Sunday, September 30
- 2 - 5 p.m. Welcome to the Jungle (Lincoln) Join us where the wild things are at the Lincoln Children's Zoo! Meet faculty and staff from our adult learner campus in Lincoln. All alumni and families are FREE.
Monday, October 1
- 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. T-shirt Sales (Perry Campus Center, Crete)
- 5:30 p.m. Student Kick-Off Celebration - SPB, International Office (Perry Campus Center, Crete) The Crete campus celebrates the beginning of a week full of fun! Meet up with Thomas the Tiger for a night of BBQ, decorating and celebrating.
- 7 p.m. Alumni/Student Newman Club Social(TBD)
Tuesday, October 2
- 11:30 - 1 p.m.Giveaway at the Beige Desk - SPB (Perry Registration)
- 6:30 p.m. Baile Folklorico/Dance Lessons - DULSA (Nyrop Hall)
Wednesday, October 3
- 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sign up for Intramurals - SPB (Perry Registration)
- 6:30 p.m. Greek Networking - IGAA (Art Ed 236-240)
Thursday, October 4
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch and Learn (Perry Campus Center, Crete) Speaker TBD
- 5 and 7:15 p.m. Tiger Soccer v. Morningside (Al Papik Field, Crete)
- 7:30 p.m. Theatre Production of "Nell Gwynn" (Whitcomb Lee Conservatory, Crete) Nell Gwynn charts the rise of an unlikely heroine, from her roots in Coal Yard Alley to her success as Britain’s most celebrated actress, and her hard-won place in the heart of the king. But at a time when women are second-class citizens, can her charm and spirit protect her from the dangers of the court? And at what cost?
- 9 p.m. Big Bucks Bingo (Perry Campus Center, Crete)This is not your normal church basement BINGO! Get five in a row and be eligible to win prizes that will knock your tiger stripe socks off. Sponsored by SPB. This event is for current Doane students only.
Friday, October 5
- 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Bookstore Open (Perry Campus Center, Crete) Grab your gear for the new school year! Enter "Alumni" in the online Coupon Code or tell bookstore employees for a 15% discount.
- 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Welcome Back Information Desk (Perry Campus Center, Crete)
- 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. Faculty Art Show (Communications, Rall Art Gallery)
- 9 a.m. Visit a Liberal Arts Seminar Class: Ethics of the Human Body, Rejected Rebels (Various Buildings, Crete) Class descriptions found here.
- 10:15 a.m. Campus Tour
- 11 a.m. Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament (College Heights Country Club, Crete) Sponsored by the Capital Alumni Chapter 11AM Registration; 12PM Shotgun start; $50/person. Take one for the team! Join the Capital Alumni Chapter and reunion classes for a 4-person scramble. Part of the fee will go towards student scholarships. Open to all alumni and friends.
- 11:30 a.m. Half Century Club Luncheon (Class of '68 and earlier) with faculty/staff speaker Jake Hoy-Elswick (Perry Campus Center, Crete)
- 1 p.m. Visit a Liberal Arts Seminar Class: Rejected Rebels, Science vs. Religion Showdown, Power of Stories (Various Buildings, Crete) Class descriptions found here.
- 1-3 p.m. STEM Open House (Lied Science Building; Various Classrooms)
- 1-3 p.m. College of Education Open House (Art/Ed Building; Various Classrooms)
- 1-6 p.m. Doane Archives Open House (Communications Building; Learning Commons)
- 3:15 p.m. Campus Tour
- 4 p.m. Doane Band Open Rehearsal (Heckman Auditorium, Crete) If you are unable to make it to the Sunday Homecoming Concert, be sure to peak your head in Heckman auditorium and let the music take you back to your favorite Doane memories.
- 5 - 8 p.m. Capital Chapter Friday Afternoon Club / Reunion Class Gatherings (Lincoln, location TBD) Join us Friday evening for the free food, but stay for the great friends and relaxed atmosphere.
- 6 - 7 p.m. HOOPFEST (Haddix Center, Crete)
- 6:30 p.m. Gamma Phi Iota Wine and Cheese Alumni Event (TBD, Crete)
- 7:30 p.m. Doane Vollebyall vs. University of Jamestown (Haddix Center)
- 7:30 p.m. Theatre Production of "Nell Gwynn" (Whitcomb Lee Conservatory, Crete) Nell Gwynn charts the rise of an unlikely heroine, from her roots in Coal Yard Alley to her success as Britain’s most celebrated actress, and her hard-won place in the heart of the king. But at a time when women are second-class citizens, can her charm and spirit protect her from the dangers of the court? And at what cost?.
- 9 p.m. Pep Rally and Coronation (Haddix Recreation and Athletic Center, Crete)Watch the Homecoming tradition continue with another night of skits and your 2018 Duke and Duchess!
Saturday, October 6
- TBD Cross Country vs. Briar Cliff Invitational (Sioux City, IA)
- 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. Stewart Nelson Scholarship Interviews (Perry Campus Boardroom, Crete)
- 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Homecoming Snapchat Filter Goes Live! (Crete Campus)
- 8 a.m. Crete Backpack Run - Kid's Mile Run or 5K (UCC/Crete Chamber, Crete).
- TBD Tau Sigma Zeta Golf Tournament (College Heights Country Club, Crete)
- 8:30 a.m. Discover Doane High School Visit Day (Art/Ed Building, Crete) It’s the best way to experience the vibrancy of campus and student life! Register your high school student and receive a VIP campus tour and lunch with our Admissions staff. Contact email@example.com reserve your spot today.
- 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Welcome Back Information Desk (Perry Campus Center, Crete) Stop by for refreshments, an updated homecoming schedule and reunion material.
- 9 a.m. - Alumni Softball Game (Ledon Softball & Baseball Complex, Crete)
- 9 a.m. Chi Delta Parents Breakfast (Brew House, Crete)
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Bookstore Open (Perry Campus Center, Crete) Stock up on all your Doane supplies! Enter "Alumni" in the online Coupon Code or tell bookstore employees for a 15% discount.
- 10 a.m. Omega Psi Theta Alumni Association Meeting (Art/Ed 321, Crete)
- 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Delta Kappa Pi Tailgate (Communications Building Parking Lot, Crete) Look for the Delta Kappa Pi flag! Bring your own drinks. Food trucks will be nearby.
- 10 a.m. Phi Sigma Tau Alumni Meeting (Haddix, Rm 2135. )
- 10:30 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game (Ledon Softball & Baseball Complex, Crete) Dust off your cleats and shake the cobwebs from your swing as current players and alumni join in a friendly game of baseball.
- 10:30 a.m. Class of 1968 50th Reunion Brunch/Class Picture (Perry Campus Center, Crete)
- 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Gamma Phi Iota Tailgate (Communications Building Parking Lot, Crete)
- 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sigma Phi Theta Tailgate (Communications Building Parking Lot, Crete)
- 10:30 a.m. Women’s Alumni Basketball Game (Haddix Center, Crete) Hit the court for a friendly game and meet up later in the Gibson Hall of Fame Room to unwind.
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Taste of IST (Professor Mark Meysenburg's home)
- 10:45 a.m. Alumni Band Warm-Up (Heckman Auditorium, Crete) Register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11 a.m. Omega Psi Theta Tailgate (Communications Parking Lot, Crete)
- 11 a.m. Phi Sigma Tau Tailgate (Communications Building Parking Lot, Crete)
- 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Tiger Tailgate (Communications Building Parking Lot, Crete) Join us for lunch from local vendors, football parents, and the Relay for Life bake sale. Bring the kids to test out the carnival games at the FREE Tiger Cub Club on the north side of the football field. Fans are also encouraged to tailgate in the designated Communications Building parking lot. Get there early – spots go fast!
- 11:20-11:50 a.m. Alumni Band Lunch (Perry Campus Center, Crete) Complimentary lunch provided by Doane! Register by contacting email@example.com.
- 11:30 a.m. Class Reunion Gatherings (Communications Building Parking Lot, Crete) You'll find the Classes of 2008, 1998, 1988, and 1978 in the tailgate area marked by their able numbers.
- 11:50 a.m. Alumni Band Pre-Game Concert and Tailgate (Meet in front of Communications Building, Crete)
- 12:15 p.m. Campus Tours (Perry Campus Center Registration Desk, Crete) Get a brief university update and a guided tour of campus to visit some of your favorite Doane locations. RSVP online for a walking or riding tour and meet at 12 p.m. by the Perry Campus Center information desk.
- 12 p.m. Baseball Student and Alumni Tailgate (Ledon Softball and Baseball Complex, Crete)
- 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. Doane Archives Open House (Communications Building; Learning Commons)
- 1 p.m. Tiger Football vs. Hastings College (Memorial Stadium, Crete) Cheer on Doane as they battle a conference foe on the gridiron.
- 1 p.m. Alpha Pi Epsilon Alumni Meeting (9th Street Bar & Grill)
- 2-4 p.m. Chi Delta Alumni Association Meeting (Perry Board Room, Crete)
- 3:30 p.m. Omega Psi Theta Gathering; (Brew House, Crete)
- 4-5:30 p.m. Alumni Wine Tasting (Perry Campus Center, Nyrop Hall) Find former roommates and meet up with your lab partner after the football game in Nyrop Hall near the bookstore in the Perry Campus Center. James Arthur Vineyard will be serving their award winning wine. Light appetizers served. $10/person includes a special Doane Homecoming souvenir glass and a donation to the Doane Fund.
- 4 p.m. APE Alumni/Active Football Game and Pizza (Field south of Frees Hall and Hansen Hall Conference Room, Crete)
- 5 p.m. Doane Volleyball vs Dakota Wesleyan University (Haddix Center, Crete)
- 5 & 7:15 p.m. Tiger Soccer vs Briar Cliff College (Sioux City, IA)
- 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. Sigma Phi Theta Gathering (My Bar, Crete)
- 5:30 p.m. Classes of 1988, 1978, 1968 Class Reunion Dinner: Pork and Pints; (Brew House, Crete)
- 5:30 p.m. Class of 1998, 2008 Reunion Gathering (Elle's on Main, Crete)
- 7-10 p.m. Chi Delta Wine and Cheese Alumni Event (Mom Hanigan's Home)
- 7 p.m. - 12 a.m. TJ Sokol Terror on 12th St. Haunted Houses (Sokol Building, Crete)
- 7:30 p.m. Theatre Production of "Nell Gwynn" (Whitcomb Lee Conservatory, Crete)
Sunday, October 7
- 10-11:30 a.m. President’s Reception for Award Recipients and the Class of 1968 (Welcome Center and Patio, Education and Art Building) Reservations required.
- 11 a.m. -12 p.m. Welcome Back Desk (Perry Campus Center)
- 11:30 a.m. Alumni Band Luncheon (Perry Campus Center, Lakeside Coffee)
- 12 p.m. Alumni Awards Banquet (Crete Campus, Perry Campus Center) $12/person; $8/Children ages 3-11; Reservations required.
- 12 - 5 p.m. Crete Community Great Pumpkin Festival (Downtown Crete) Hayrack rides, craft show, zipline down main street, exotic petting zoo and more.Details about Crete's Great Pumpkin Festival activities can be found here.
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.Alumni Band Rehearsal (Perry Campus, Heckman)
- 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. Alumni Band Break - Self Guided Tours, Gallery, Hospitality (Communications Building, Room 186)
- 1:30 p.m. Crete's Great Pumpkin Festival Fire Department Pumpkin Drop (Downtown Crete)
- 3 p.m. Homecoming Concert (Crete, Heckman Auditorium)