Students who transfer to Doane may use courses from previously attended institutions to meet requirements for a major or minor. An enrollment specialist can speak with you in more detail about your situation. Please call 402.467.9000 or toll free 844.321.6642 or you can reach us by email at email@example.com.
General Transfer Guidelines
- Only grades C- or higher are brought in for transfer credit.
- Doane accepts a maximum of 90 semester hours in transfer credit.If a student has completed an associate degree, diploma or professional certificate at a two-year college, a maximum of 60 semester credits are accepted in transfer.
- If a student did not complete a professional competency (as noted above), courses are evaluated individually. In this evaluation, a maximum of six semester credits are accepted in transfer for courses not normally offered at a four-year accredited college or university.
- Transfer credits are posted with a letter grade of 'P'. These credits are not included in the Doane University grade point average calculations, but do count toward the total credits required for graduation.
- Doane awards credits in semester hours. Quarter credits are converted to semester credits at a 2/3 rate (example a 4.5Q = 3S or 6Q = 4S).
- Doane requires that the previous institution(s) be accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations: North Central, New England, Middle States, Northwest, Southern, or Western. Credit from unaccredited institutions is not accepted. However, in some instances, credit from special purpose institutions (e.g. Bible Colleges accredited by the American Association of Bible Colleges) is accepted.