Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management is vital to the growth and success of any company which manufactures or handles goods. It monitors the movement and storage of raw materials, maintains inventories of all stock and work that is in progress, and tracks goods from their point of origin to the final customer. In the field of Supply Chain Management, you will also work with a diverse group of external partners to find and source the best materials at the best price and maintain strong links with suppliers and customers.
Doane’s MBA with a Supply Chain Management emphasis is designed for business managers who wish to obtain education and training in how to organize and control the flow of material within and between organizations, covering supply chain design, logistics management, distribution channels, and quality management while also securing their MBA.
(Source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
- Supply Chain Management positions are growing at nearly 270,000 opportunities per year
- Greater demand for Supply Chain professionals than supply – 6 to 8 management positions available per applicant
- Exciting career opportunities as a Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Analyst, Purchasing Manager, Consultant and more.
- Median salary $80,000 per year
What You Can Study
- Students can gain expertise in the growing field of Supply Chain Management through a pathway from MITx MicroMasters involving an innovative online program consisting of five courses and a final capstone exam to Doane’s MBA program.
- The MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain Management from MITx is an advanced, professional, graduate-level foundation in Supply Chain Management.This MicroMasters Program will transfer in as 9 credits to fullfill the Supply Chain Management emphasis area for the MBA or Master of Arts in Management program at Doane University. Credit is only given for completing the entire MicroMasters credential – no credit is provided for finishing individual courses.