Visit the College of Education Graduate website.
Four Endorsement Options
- Special Education Endorsement 7-12
- Special Education Endorsement K-6
- Special Education K-12 ONLY for Initial Certification at the Advanced Level Students
Special Education Endorsement for Certified Teachers Program Overview
The Special Education endorsement is designed to train teachers to demonstrate an understanding of the philosophical, historical and legal foundations of education for learners with mild or moderate disabilities. At the completion of coursework, teachers will be able to apply the related concepts, principles and processes in their school setting.
To work toward the Special Education endorsement, candidates must hold or have held a Nebraska certificate in elementary, secondary, or middle grades education, In addition, the following must be completed:
• Must have completed student teaching in an area of certification
• Must have completed practicum experiences in an area of certification
• Must have completed methods course work in an area of certification
A minimum of 40 graduate hours are required for successful completion of the Mild, Moderate Disabilities endorsement. Practicum experience can be completed at the teacher’s school. The practicum requires a minimum of 150 hours working with special education students. An additional internship is required if the candidate is changing levels of certification.
For additional information visit:
Master of Education endorsement page