Application Process - Master of Education in Educational Leadership
Application review begins in January of each year. Selection interviews will follow in February or March. Applications will be accepted until all cadre openings are filled. Please complete this process as soon as possible.
All applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of three years teaching experience in a K-12 school.
- Hold a current teaching certificate.
- Complete the Online Application - The application is free to file. The $30 application fee will not be charged until your first term of enrollment.
- Once you have applied or inquired about our program, a member of the enrollment team will contact you to assist with the admission process. For immediate assistance you can contact us at 402.467.9000 or toll-free 844.321.6642 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the Educational Leadership Program—program design, coursework, timeline, etc. please contact Dr. Teresa Perkins, Director of Omaha Cadre, at email@example.com or Dr. Bess Scott, Director of Lincoln Cadre, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide an official transcript from the undergraduate institution where you earned your bachelor degree and any graduate institution you attended (see contact information below for mailing or parchment address).
- Provide verification of your current teaching certificate.
- Request three letters of recommendation from colleagues, administrators, or other professionals who can assess your ability to succeed in a graduate level program and describe your current leadership and potential for school leadership. At least one recommendation must be from a current administrator. Please choose one of the following options and send this link to the evaluators you’ve chosen:
- I retain the right to review this document as part of my admission file: http://www.doane.edu/graduate-and-adult/edl-recommendation-retained
- I waive the right to review this document as part of my admission file: http://www.doane.edu/graduate-and-adult/edl-recommendation-waived
- Submit an essay which explains the following:
- Your reasons for selecting the Doane Educational Leadership Program
- Your philosophy of teaching and learning
- Your leadership beliefs and philosophy
- How the Doane Educational Leadership Program will help you reach your professional goals
- Complete, sign and submit the Certification of Criminal and Professional Practices History disclosure form.
- Submit your current resume including professional teaching experience.
- Complete an interview and approval from an Educational Leadership Director after the above materials are received.
Submit All Materials To:Doane University Enrollment Team
Non-residential & Online
303 N. 52nd Street
Lincoln, NE 68504
Doane University continues its policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation.