Application Process - Masters of Arts in Counseling
The Graduate Studies Office and the Admission Committee of the Master of Arts in Counseling program welcome your application for graduate study at Doane University. In order to be considered for the program, you must complete the application process outlined below. Once all application materials have been received, the Student Screening and Progress Review Committee will review your application. Please complete this process as soon as possible. Application review and selection interviews will be held in June and November of each year.
All applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Undergraduate coursework must include a minimum of 15 credit hours in psychology or a related field and 3 credit hours in statistics.
- Complete the Online Application - The application is free to file. The $125 application fee will not be charged until your first term of enrollment.
- A member of the enrollment team will contact you to assist with the admission process. For immediate assistance you can contact us at 402.467.9000 or toll-free 844.321.6642 or by email at email@example.com.
- Schedule an initial meeting with a faculty member from the Master of Arts in Counseling program for review of previous coursework and an overview of the program. Your Enrollment Counselor will connect you with your faculty member.
- Provide an official transcript from each undergraduate or graduate institution attended. Transcripts must be sent directly from that institution (see contact information below for mailing or parchment address).
- Submit an autobiographical statement consisting of 3-5 typed pages, describing life experiences that have helped shape you personally.
- Submit a typed essay which describes your future goals and how you perceive the Master of Arts in Counseling program helping you achieve these goals. As you describe your future goals and your expectations of the Master of Arts in Counseling program, include a discussion of the following:
- What are the knowledge and skill areas and the personal characteristics that you are seeking to develop?
- What is your current work? What other work have you done?
- How has this work experience prepared you for the field of counseling?
- Where and when did you earn your undergraduate degree, and what was your major?
- Request three letters of recommendation from academic sources or supervisory personnel with whom you have worked that can assess your ability to succeed in a graduate level program.
- Submit a copy of your current resume.
- Complete a background check through One Source.
- Complete an on-campus admission workshop with approval from the Graduate Studies Office and the Admission Committee of the Master of Arts in Counseling program after the above materials are received.
Submit All Materials To:
Doane University continues its policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation.