Application Process - Education Specialist
Please complete this process as soon as possible. Application review begins in May of each year. Selection interviews will follow. Applications will be accepted until all cadre openings are filled.
All applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Candidates for this program must have completed an MA/MS program in administration in an approved program that qualifies them for building-level, principal endorsement. The program must include completion of one semester of practicum OR the candidate must hold a current endorsement in building-level administration.
The candidate shows successful completion of at least 6 hours of graduate-level coursework in the past five years or documentation of the completion of the equivalent in continuing education units.
- Complete the Online Application - free to file! The $30 application fee will not be charged until your first term of enrollment.
- Once you have applied or inquired about our program, a member of the enrollment team will contact you to assist with the admission process. For immediate assistance you can contact us at 402.467.9000 or toll-free 844.321.6642 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the Education Specialist Program- program design, coursework, timeline, etc. - please contact Dr. Doug Christensen, Director at email@example.com.
- Provide an official transcript from the institution where you earned your bachelor degree (see contact information below for mailing or parchment address).
- Provide an official transcript from the institution where you earned your graduate degree (see contact information below for mailing or parchment address).
- A copy of the student's current teaching certificate.
- Request three letters of recommendation from colleagues, administrators, or other professionals who can assess your ability to succeed in a post master’s level program (at least one recommendation must be from a practicing administrator).
- A written statement (about 250-500 words) indicating reasons for your interest in Doane’s Education Specialist degree program including professional goals for leadership at the district level and the candidate’s philosophy of education and leadership.
- A completed certification of criminal and professional practices history. Please complete the following: Disclosure form
- A copy of your current resume or vitae that includes all professional teaching and administrative experiences.
- Interview and approval from Education Specialist Director after the above materials are received.
SUBMIT MATERIALS TO:
Doane University Enrollment Team
Graduate Studies in Education
303 N. 52nd Street
Lincoln, NE 68504