Application Process - Doctorate of Education
Please complete this process as soon as possible. Application review begins in June of each year. Selection interviews will follow. Applications will be accepted until all cadre openings are filled.
All applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Candidates for this program must hold an MA/MS from a regionally accredited institution.
- Complete the Online Application - free to file! The $30 application fee will not be charged until your first term of enrollment.
- Once you have applied or inquired about our program, a member of the enrollment team will contact you to assist with the admission process. For immediate assistance you can contact us at 402.467.9000 or toll-free 844.321.6642 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the Doctorate of Education Program- program design, coursework, timeline, etc. - please contact Dr. Cate Sommervold, Director at email@example.com or Karla Cooper, Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide an official transcript from the institution where you earned your bachelor degree (see contact information below for mailing or parchment address).
- Provide an official transcript from the institution where you earned your graduate degree (see contact information below for mailing or parchment address).
- Request three letters of recommendation from colleagues, administrators, or other professionals who can assess your ability to succeed in a post master’s level program.
- A written statement (about 250-500 words) indicating reasons for your interest in Doane’s Doctorate of Education program including professional goals for leadership in your field.
- A completed certification of criminal and professional practices history. Please complete the following: Disclosure form.
- A copy of your current resume or vitae that includes all professional experiences.
- A copy of the student's current teaching certificate or any other relevant certifications, if applicable.
- Interview and approval from Doctorate of Education Director after the above materials are received.
SUBMIT MATERIALS TO:
Doane University Enrollment Team
Graduate Studies in Education
303 N. 52nd Street
Lincoln, NE 68504