Our world is recording more data than we have the ability to process, which present enormous challenges associated with storage, management and analysis of data. Learn comprehensive and fundamental techniques that transforms data into information, and become the new breed of data wielding professionals. Demand for business professionals skilled in data, analytics, and machine learning is exploding. A recent report by IBM and Burning Glass states that there will be 364K new job openings in data-driven professions by 2020 in the US.
Doane’s MBA with a Data Analytics emphasis is designed for business minded professionals who need to harness the power of data to make effective data driven decisions. Data science permeates every industry and is crucial for daily operations and setting long term strategy. This emphasis will provide both the foundational knowledge essential to understanding the methods and tools used in data science, as well as hands-on training in data analysis. Doane’s program helps learners acquire an understanding of data science while also securing their MBA.
- There will be 364K new job openings in data-driven professions by 2020 in the US. (source: IBM and Burning Glass)
- Professionals in Data Science are few in number and high in demand. (source: TechRepublic)
- There are approximately 215,000 open job positions related to Data Science (Source:Indeed.com)
- In the field of Business intelligence, there are around 14,000 openings in the US (LinkedIn) at a $88,000 base salary
- Careers include data scientist, data engineer, data analyst, statistician, data manager, data architect, business analyst
What you can study
- Students can gain expertise in the growing field of Data Analytics through a partnership between Doane, MIT, and University of Adelaide innovative online programs consisting of four courses and a final capstone.
- The MicroMasters Programs in Statistics and Data Science from MITx and Big Data from University of Adelaide are advanced, professional, graduate-level foundations in Data Science. This MicroMasters Program will transfer in as 9 credits to fulfill the Data Analytics emphasis area for the MBA or Master of Arts in Management program at Doane University. Credit is only given for completing the entire MicroMasters credential – no credit is provided for finishing individual courses.