Program Completion Criteria
Completion of the Master of Education degree in Educational Leadership prepares students for the Standard Administrative Certification in Nebraska. This certificate is valid for teaching and administration in all Nebraska school systems, except for the position of superintendent of schools. There are two forms of review prior to recommending certification.
1. Nebraska Department of Education Rule 21 and Rule 24 requirements are as follows:
- Complete at least two years of teaching in a K-12 school.
- Hold or qualify for a Nebraska standard or professional teaching certificate or its equivalent.
- Complete a three-credit-hour course in special education that meets state guidelines.
- Complete an accepted course in special education that meets state guidelines.
- Affirm that there are no felony convictions nor any misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude.
- Affirm that there is no court order or determination currently in effect which finds the student to be mentally unhealthy as determined by Title 92, Rule 20 of the NAC
2. Recommendation for certification for Doane University for the Administrative Endorsement will be determined by the student's potential as indicated by the following:
- Completion of all Nebraska Department of Education requirements.
- Successful completion of the Professional Portfolio and the Continuous School
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher for all courses leading to the degree.
- Completion of the Certification Tracking form and application for degree form.
- Successful completion of the Professional Portfolio and the Continuous School Improvement Project.