1. An Overall Reflective Statement
A reflective statement describing the contents of the portfolio and how these components demonstrate the student's achievement of the program outcomes must be included. The statement may take many forms: a written summary, a narrative, a pictorial/visual representation, a timeline of important events, etc. The statement should explain how the portfolio is organized, what the portfolio shows, and things to watch for while reviewing the materials.
Possible prompts/questions in preparing the reflective statement include:
- What have been the experiences and events that created my most important learning opportunities?
- How has my participation in this program affected my teaching practices and the way I view teaching and learning?
- My goals in growing as a teacher have been . . .
- I think I have succeeded in . . .
- I still need to . . .
- Some new goals in continuing my development include . . .
- The graduate program has helped me to grow and develop in the following ways . . .