Applying for Financial Aid in 5 Simple Steps
Funding Your College Degree
Figuring out how to fund your education is often the most challenging part of beginning college, but it doesn’t have to be stressful.
At Doane, we have dedicated Financial Aid advisors who are a great resource when beginning the Financial Aid process. They work with you to explore and understand the different funding options as well as guide you through any step of the process you may need help with.
If you decide to use Financial Aid as part of your college funding, here are the steps to walk you through the process. Any of these steps can be completed on your own or alongside your Academic Advisor:
1. Complete your Application for Admission here.
2. Contact the Enrollment Team for specific admission requirements for your program! You can contact them by phone at 402.467.9000 or 844.321.6642 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (you will need to be fully admitted to receive your award for financial aid).
3. Complete or update your FAFSA (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.gov. Doane’s FAFSA school code is 002544.
4. Complete the Financial Aid Questionnaire and return any forms required by the Financial Aid Office (you must be an applicant at Doane University to file your financial aid questionnaire - be sure to complete steps 1 and 2 in order to receive credentials needed for this step).
5. Search and apply for local and professional organizations’ scholarships. Check out EducationQuest Foundation’s website for scholarship opportunities you may be eligible for.
Once you’ve completed these steps, then it’s our Financial Aid Office’s turn to do the work. Your financial aid package will be computed and you’ll receive an outline of the funds available to you through federal and state sources. If you have any questions regarding financial aid, please contact our office at 402.466.4774 or 888.803.6263 or by email at email@example.com
HINT: Keep copies of all the documents you complete for your records.