Fall Festival of Winds 2019 Student Information & Application
THE 2019 FALL FESTIVAL OF WINDS
The Doane University Fall Festival of Winds is a one-day honor band event featuring two ensembles. The Honor Band is an auditioned ensemble that requires you to upload an audio audition. There will be no video auditions this year. The Festival Band will be selected by nomination.
The student application for the 2019 Fall Festival of Winds is now closed. Thanks for your understanding!
- The Fall Festival of Winds will be held on Saturday, November 9, 2019, on the Crete Campus of Doane University.
- All participating students must be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grades.
- All participants much be a member, in good standing, of their high school band.
- All students wishing to participate must apply by Monday, September 30.
- All students must fill out the application, including students auditioning for the Honor Band.
- Honor Band auditions must be uploaded by Monday, October 7. More information can be found on the Honor Band audition page.
FEES AND EXPENSES
Total cost for each student participant is $20. This covers auditions, lunch, honoraria, duplicating, and mailing costs. We thank you for your interest and willingness to participate in this wonderful concert band festival.
HONOR BAND AND FESTIVAL BAND NOMINATION PROCEDURES
All students wishing to participate in any band in the FFW should fill out the Student Application Form.
ALL STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
Filling out the Doane University FFW Student Application Form by Monday, September 30, 2019.
HONOR BAND AUDITION PROCEDURES
Students are responsible for the following four aspects of the Honor Band procedure:
- Filling out the Student Application Form.
- Preparing an audition for the Honor Band. Information and audition materials can be found on the Honor Band Audition page.
- Completing the Honor Band application and uploading audio to https://audition.zone/doaneffw
- Practicing Honor Band music that will be shared with your teacher.
- By auditioning, you are committing to the Fall Festival of Winds on November 9, 2019.
Further information about the Honor Band is available on the Honor Band Audition page.
For questions regarding the application process or audition guidelines, please contact Festival Director Jay Gilbert at email@example.com
Jay Gilbert reserves the right to place a few high-quality players into the Honor Band who have expressed a strong interest in attending Doane and have applied and been accepted to the College. In sections where there are not enough students trying out, Jay Gilbert may invite additional students who have not applied from participating schools to fill out the section.