Everyone has questions. We just pulled together a few of the frequently asked ones here for you to search. Let us know if you need any additional assistance. We'd be glad to help.

How are students selected for the Educational Leadership cadre?

Each applicant submits an application and the required materials for admission. Application files should be complete by the end of January of the year the candidate wishes to begin the program. All materials are reviewed and rated as a way to determine the leadership potential of each candidate. Admission interviews are held in the winter preceding the summer start of coursework. Letters are sent to each candidate as to the status of their application by mid to late March.

How can I apply for the Education Specialist program?

Click on this link for the Graduate Studies in Education application – and select “Education Specialist” for your program when you complete the application. There is a $30.00 application fee. (Put the Link to Apply here)

Call the Graduate Education Office at 402-466-4774 or 888-803-6263 and ask for an application packet.

How can I get a transcript?

Federal law requires that official academic transcripts be released only upon receipt of a written request bearing the handwritten signature of the student.  Transcripts will not be issued if all financial obligations to the college have not been satisfied.


  1. Click here for directions to request transcripts online through National Student Clearinghouse's secure website.
  2. Click on the link below to print a request form.  The attached request forms are in pdf format. You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your machine to open the documents. You can download a free version at the Adobe website.  Directions for submission are on the form.

3.  Send us a letter with the following information

  • last date of attendance
  • social security number, student ID number, or birthdate
  • previous names used while attending Doane College
  • complete address where the transcript is to be sent.

Mail all requests to:
      Registrar's Office
      Doane College
      1014 Boswell
      Crete, NE 68333-2430

Or Fax to: 402.826.8600

4.  Visit a campus location to complete a transcript request form and pay the fee per transcript.

For more information, contact the Registrar's Office by:

phone: 1.800.333.6263 or 402.826.8251 
e-mail: patty.stehlik@doane.edu

How can I get an unofficial transcript?

Unofficial transcripts are available for current students on WebAdvisor.

How can I get involved in my Residence Hall?

Doane College offers multiple opportunities for you to give back to the community, but if serving in the Residence Halls in particular is what interests you, Hall Council promises to be the best avenue.  Most Hall Councils meet once a month and consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and several Members at Large.  They oversee programming in the halls in conjunction with ResLife staff and contribute to building improvements.  Check with your RA or RD for more information. A second option for involvement is becoming a Resident Assistant.  Be on the lookout for the application process starting early Spring Semester!

How can I give?

Employees have various options to give their gift:  a one-time cash or check, one-time or reoccurring credit card gift or monthly payroll deduction.  Click here to select your giving option.

How can I help you help my students?

Tell your students about us and encourage them to visit early and often.  Better yet, invite us to visit your class, or arrange for your class to visit the Writing Center.  We are always happy to introduce and explain what we do and why.  You might also refer your students to the Writing Center's web page (www.doane.edu/wc).  It explains in detail how we can help them improve as writers.  In addition, it provides links to several online writing and style guides.

How can I schedule an appointment in the Writing Center?

We schedule appointments on the hour.  To reserve a spot, call (number 826.6727) or, even better, visit the Writing Center.  If you call and miss us during normal consulting hours please leave a message, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.  Please note that your appointment may be cancelled if you are more than 10 minutes late.

How do I get involved on campus if I don't live there?

We offer 60+ registered clubs and organizations for students regardless of your residential status. As a student, you also have access to the Haddix Athletic & Fitness Center.

Haddix Center hours of operation, during the school year:
Monday through Thursday: 6:00 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

How do I get my grades?

Grades are posted on WebAdviser.  Grade reports are not mailed.


Interested in Doane? Let us know.