Everyone has questions. We just pulled together a few of the frequently asked ones here for you to search. Let us know if you need any additional assistance. We'd be glad to help.

Do we have to pay our family's share of the cost all at once?

There are ways to make your investment in a Doane College education affordable. Find out more about payment options in the business office.

Evaluate a web site

As with printed resources, you may retrieve some electronic information that is not suitable for your research topic. Ask yourself these questions to determine if a particular website or page is right for you:

  • Currency -- Is this information current? Can I find a date on the page to tell me when it was created or last revised? How stable or permanent is this information?

  • Relevance -- Is the format or medium useful or appropriate for your topic? Is it a primary, secondary or tertiary source? Is it comprehensive? Who is the intended audience?

  • Authority -- Who is the author? Whare are his or her credentials? Is the source authoritative?

  • Accuracy -- Is the information accurate? How is it printed? Is it a fact or does it show bias?

  • Purpose -- What is the purpose? Is a particular point of view expressed?

Find a journal article

Journal articles are typically located using a periodical index or online database. Generally, you will find that most libraries have online databases for locating articles, though some print periodical indexes may be found in every library. At Perkins Library, our online periodical databases are listed on this website under Articles in Databases. Databases are arranged by discipline, or you can see an alphabetical listing by clicking on Databases A-Z in the navigation bar on the left side of the page. If you have questions about using a particular database refer to the Help or Tutorial sections of the database.

Find a primary source

Primary sources are documents that provide first-hand evidence of an event or idea, such as diaries, letters, popular press accounts of events and official documents. Most people think of primary sources as being written at the time an event occurred, while secondary sources interpret the event or idea at a later date. Some sources for primary documents in Perkins Library are the government documents section, newspapers (print and online), and the databases Primary Sources in African-American History and Primary Sources in American Women's History.

Find course reserves

  • Hover the mouse over the Subject tab in the upper left corner of the page, and select Course Reserves from the drop-down menu.

  • Select the Courses button and enter the course number, course name, or professor's name. 

  • Click on your course from the results list, then click on the title you wish to see. Find the call number under the section Find a copy in the library and give this call number to the person at the circulation desk. He or she will retrieve the item and check it out to you. That's it!


HCA Healthcare Administration Micromasters Certificate (DoaneX)

HCA Healthcare Administration Micromasters Certificate through DoaneX will transfer in as 9 credits to fulfill the Healthcare Administration Emphasis area for the MBA or MAM program. 

  • BUS 645 - Issues in Health Policy

  • BUS 646 - Healthcare Economics and Finance

  • BUS 648 - U.S. Healthcare System

Must achieve 60% or higher on the comp exams for transfer to Doane University, and 80% or higher on individual courses (or achieve an 80% or higher average on coursework).

Edx DoaneX Main Page

DoaneX Healthcare Administration Micromasters

How and when is financial aid awarded?

Your financial aid award will be sent after we receive the results from your FAFSA and you have been accepted for admission at Doane College. It takes three to four weeks from the time you file the FAFSA until you receive the results. If you code Doane to receive your FAFSA results, the college will receive your computed application electronically. If you did not list Doane, please send a copy of your processed report. Our Title IV code is 002544. Your situation will be given careful attention and your financial aid award will be determined.

The financial aid offer is generally in the form of a "package," a combination of grants, scholarships, loans, and employment. The combination will vary according to a student's eligibility, academic and special abilities, involvement in cocurricular activities, and promptness in applying for aid.

There are limitations to funds available in all categories. Students should file early and respond promptly to requests for additional information, and will receive a package according to the availability of funds. Preference will be given to students who file the FAFSA earliest. Because funds are limited, you are required to indicate acceptance of your award within two weeks after notification and pay the $200 deposit, if not already paid. If you do not accept the offer, the funds will be reassigned to other applicants.

Assuming your circumstances remain fairly constant, Doane will make every effort to provide a similar amount of financial assistance during your subsequent years at Doane.

How are students selected for the Education Specialist cadre?

The admissions requirments for those interested in the Education Specialist program can be found on the application information page.

Education Specialist Application Requirements

How are students selected for the Educational Leadership cadre?

Each applicant submits an application and the required materials for admission. Application files should be complete by the end of January of the year the candidate wishes to begin the program. All materials are reviewed and rated as a way to determine the leadership potential of each candidate. Admission interviews are held in the winter preceding the summer start of coursework. Letters are sent to each candidate as to the status of their application by mid to late March.

How can I apply for the Education Specialist program?

Complete information on how to apply for the Education Specialist program can be found by visiting the link below.

Education Specialist Application Requirements

How can I get a transcript?

Federal law requires that official academic transcripts be released only upon receipt of a written request bearing the handwritten signature of the student.  Transcripts will not be issued if all financial obligations to the college have not been satisfied.


  1. Click here for directions to request transcripts online through National Student Clearinghouse's secure website.
  2. Click on the link below to print a request form.  The attached request forms are in pdf format. You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your machine to open the documents. You can download a free version at the Adobe website.  Directions for submission are on the form.

3.  Send us a letter with the following information

  • last date of attendance
  • social security number, student ID number, or birthdate
  • previous names used while attending Doane College
  • complete address where the transcript is to be sent.

Mail all requests to:
      Registrar's Office
      Doane College
      1014 Boswell
      Crete, NE 68333-2430

Or Fax to: 402.826.8600

4.  Visit a campus location to complete a transcript request form and pay the fee per transcript.

For more information, contact the Registrar's Office by:

phone: 1.800.333.6263 or 402.826.8251 
e-mail: patty.stehlik@doane.edu

How can I get an unofficial transcript?

Unofficial transcripts are available for current students on WebAdvisor.

How can I get involved in my Residence Hall?

Doane College offers multiple opportunities for you to give back to the community, but if serving in the Residence Halls in particular is what interests you, Hall Council promises to be the best avenue.  Most Hall Councils meet once a month and consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and several Members at Large.  They oversee programming in the halls in conjunction with ResLife staff and contribute to building improvements.  Check with your RA or RD for more information. A second option for involvement is becoming a Resident Assistant.  Be on the lookout for the application process starting early Spring Semester!

How can I give?

Employees have various options to give their gift:  a one-time cash or check, one-time or reoccurring credit card gift or monthly payroll deduction.  Click here to select your giving option.

How can I help you help my students?

Tell your students about us and encourage them to visit early and often.  Better yet, invite us to visit your class, or arrange for your class to visit the Writing Center.  We are always happy to introduce and explain what we do and why.  You might also refer your students to the Writing Center's web page (www.doane.edu/wc).  It explains in detail how we can help them improve as writers.  In addition, it provides links to several online writing and style guides.

How do I access Blackboard?

The link to Blackboard is https://bb2.doane.edu

Login using your Doane username and password.

How do I get involved on campus if I don't live there?

We offer 60+ registered clubs and organizations for students regardless of your residential status. As a student, you also have access to the Haddix Athletic & Fitness Center.

Haddix Center hours of operation, during the school year:
Monday through Thursday: 6:00 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

How do I get my grades?

Grades are posted on WebAdviser.  Grade reports are not mailed.

How do I get my VA benefits started?

First you need to complete an application.  An electronic form with complete directions is online at VONAPP.  If you are claiming education benefits as a dependent of a veteran, or if you have previously used VA education benefits, you can also use VONAPP. 

Veterans should provide member copy # 4 of the DD Form 214. Reservists/National Guard soldiers should obtain a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) from your unit administrative official.  These forms also should be turned into your campus VA representative.

You can apply by completing VA Form 28-1900,Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation.  A veteran who is eligible for an evaluation under Chapter 31 must complete the VA Form 28-8832,Application for Vocational Educational Counseling and meet with a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC). If the VRC determines that an employment handicap exists as a result of a service-connected disability, the veteran is found entitled to services. The VRC and the veteran will then continue counseling to select a track of services and jointly develop a plan to address the rehabilitation, employment, and educational needs of the veteran.