This section focuses on the technology used at Doane University. If you have not done so already, you will need to complete the New User Setup and activate your Doane Gmail account.
Doane User ID
Your User ID is the key to most university resources, it consists of your username and password. Your username should be formatted as firstname.lastname (e.g. thomas.doane). If you have questions about your username, please contact your Enrollment Counselor/Advisor for assistance. Passwords are established through an authentication process. If you have not completed this process, you will need to visit this page to access the new User Setup Tool.
Your Doane username and password will be required to access the following student resources:
- Doane Gmail: Doane University uses Gmail for student email. Students are required to submit all work through Blackboard or Gmail to ensure proper verification of their identity.
- Blackboard: Online courses are delivered through the Blackboard System.
- WebAdvisor: A system used for billing and payment, schedules, grades, and transcripts, and more.
- Doane Library Database: An online library for students to use for research and citation assistance.
- Computer Lab Access: Students are welcome to use on-site technology including computers and printers at our Grand Island, Lincoln, and Omaha campuses.
- Manage Your Account: Changing or resetting your password will automatically update all accounts that require Doane credentials.
For security reasons, you should change your password regularly. If you've forgotten your password -or would like to change it, you can reset it here.
Gmail -- Activation and Use
Your account must be activated with Doane ReAct Password Management Tool before you are allowed to access your Doane Gmail account. Your Doane Gmail is your main source of contact with faculty and staff. You will also receive important updates through your Doane email like; student newsletters, weather-related closures, events and more. Be sure to check this email frequently, so you don't miss any important details.
To access your Student WebAdvisor, you to log-in at www.doane.edu/wa using your Doane username and password. On WebAdvisor, you can view your bill, payment, and financial aid information. You can also access academic information, from course registration to ordering official transcripts and more. We encourage you to log into your account and become familiar with it.
Doane University uses Blackboard for all online coursework. Blackboard is a virtual learning environment and course management system, where faculty can add resources for students to access online. We have created a collection of tutorial videos to introduce online students to Blackboard.
Tiger Tech/Technology Assistance
Tiger Tech is Doane University's free help desk and the first level of support for all of Doane University's students, faculty, and staff.
To contact Tiger Tech: