Check-in, Registration and Reporting
Students must check-in at the Office of International Programs to maintain legal immigration status. Once you have completed your SEVIS and Doane enrollment, the OIP hold will be removed from your student account. Visit the OIP as early as possible after your arrival. You must bring your immigration documents and supplementary information including:
- Any academic records that have been requested
- Electronic I-94, or your airline arrival details so we can help you print one
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Class Schedule
- Current Physical Address (Dormitory and Room #, Street Address)
- Contact Information
- Emergency Contact Information
It is the student’s responsibility to maintain your F-1 immigration status.
Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s Study in the States Guide to help you understand immigration rules.
You must register your attendance and address with the International Programs Office at the start of each term. Students must be registered as full-time every term until graduation. If you need to drop below full-time status, you must request authorization from the Office of International Programs.
Department of Arts and Sciences: Crete Campus - Full-time is 12 or more credit hours
Graduate Professional School: Lincoln, Omaha and Grand Island Campus - 2 classes per term, and a complete academic year before taking a vacation term
- Students must report any change of address within 10 days of moving to a new place of residence to the Office of International Programs, including changing dormitory rooms.
- Students must report any change of status or change of dependents to the Office of International Programs