COVID-19 Office Access for Students
The health, safety, and wellbeing of our students, faculty, and staff is our highest priority. Due to the ongoing threat and spread of COVID-19, our offices and services are experiencing varying levels of change or closure. Please reference this page for updates on your favorite offices and services as well as contact information.
Academic Support Center (Non-residential)
- Help desk hours are suspended. No drop-ins. Please email to set up an appointment.
- Tutoring, proofreading, writing assistance, time management, and study skills will still be offered through zoom, email, and by phone. Monday-Thursday from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Academic Success Center (Residential)
- Our tutors will be continuing to work with the students they have been assigned. We are trying to be creative and finding ways that work best for everyone. If you already have a tutor please contact them to continue that support.
- If you wish to get a tutor before the cut off date (April 10, 2020, the last day to request a tutor for this semester) please contact email@example.com and you will be sent the paperwork to do so.
Free Shipping on Rental Returns & Deadline Extensions
The campus store is offering free shipping return labels and is also extending the non-return period without penalty to assist with increased returns by mail at the end of the spring term. Click the COVID-19 message on the home page of the campus store website.
Access to eBooks at No Additional Charge
Visit the campus store website to gain access to eBooks at no additional charge with your .edu email address. You can access up to 7 eBooks for the designated period free of charge.
FREE Online Shipping Offer on purchases
Visit the campus store website for Free Shipping on all items with no minimum purchase. This includes various formats of course materials, supplies, apparel, technology and more.
FREE Access to Lumen Learning OER Courseware
Lumen Learning, our OER partner, is offering FREE access to courseware to help supplement content, and offer additional resources to faculty. Click here for the Lumen offer.
College to Career Center
If you are in immediate distress call 911 or contact Doane Public Safety (402) 826-8669 or Residence Life Emergency Line (402) 418-1575. Otherwise, please contact one of the counselors via email to set up an appointment:
Please contact your supervisor or Human Resources with any questions.
Office of Academic Affairs
- Monday–Thursday: 8am–8pm
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
- Please check the Perkins Library webpage for updated hours as these may change as the semester continues.
- The 24/7 Lab will remain open until further notice for students needing computers and printing after hours.
- Due to recent recommendations about gathering in public spaces and out of concern for everyone’s safety, the Learning Commons recommends closing to the public effective immediately until guidance from CDC, etc. suggests otherwise. This is also in keeping with the American Library Association’s recent recommendation regarding closing access to library facilities.
- Only the 24/7 computer lab will remain open 24/7 with swipe card access. There are two clusters with 3 computers each and one long table. The two clusters will remain the same and we will remove every other mouse and keyboard from the computers on the long table in order to promote social distancing. Library staff will clean the lab every morning and evening (Monday–Friday).
- Librarians will continue to be available for consultations about classes, assignments, and student support. They can be reached by email, phone, and Zoom. Contact information can be found on the Research Assistance page.
- We will continue to answer questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide chat reference services Monday–Friday 8am–5pm.
- Librarians can provide virtual instruction for your courses and/or create a course-specific Research Guide for your class to help direct students to resources and research strategies. Contact an individual librarian or email@example.com.
- People wanting to look at and borrow books, DVDs, and other materials may contact us to request materials and may pick them up at the door. The Library and Tiger Tech will provide access to materials by appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org or helpdesk.doane.edu). People will be able to come to the Learning Commons and have items handed to them through the door.
Consultation for class, assignments, student support
Librarians will continue to be available for consultations about classes, assignments, and student support. They can be reached by email, phone, and Zoom. Contact information can be found here.
Interlibrary loan services will continue to be available to students and faculty. You can submit all requests by using the “Request Item through Interlibrary Loan” button or the appropriate ILL form. All requests for physical materials will be filled with electronic formats (if available).
If you need a physical book from our collection and you have left campus, let us know and we will mail it to you as long as you can mail or back or return it in person (email@example.com).
Library materials may be returned through the Book Drop outside the library at the Heckman Auditorium entrance or by mail, and computer equipment may be returned by appointment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Public Safety Office
We ask that instead of coming to the Student Health Office, all students (whether living on campus or off campus) who are needing assistance please contact Nurse Kelly Jirovec by phone or email. No walk-in appointments.
- Public Health Solutions Crete's local health department (402) 826-3880
- Crete Area Medical Center (402) 826-7980 Students MUST CALL AHEAD before arriving.
Online Physician Resources
There are online healthcare resources made available through Bryan Health and CHI Health. These services are for a nominal fee and intended for illnesses that require an advanced practitioner (sore throats, sinus symptoms, skin issues etc).
Nebraska DHHS COVID-19 Hotline
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services offers a Coronavirus (COVID-19) information line that allows all residents to get answers and receive information on resources available.
Phone: (402) 552-6645
Availability: 8am–8pm CST, 7 days a week
DHHS Self-Reporting Website
- Have you traveled to an at risk country in the past 14 days?
To assess your risk, complete Nebraska DHHS Self-Assessment Survey
- Are you planning to Travel?
Follow up to date global travel advisories on the CDC's Travel Health Advisories page.
Veteran/Military Student Services
The Writing Center will reopen on 3/30 with online sessions at doane.myWConline.com