Capital Alumni Chapter Scholarship
Deadline: Friday, March 30, 2018
Established in December 2008, The Capital Alumni Chapter Scholarship is the culmination of nearly 20 years of fundraising efforts. This award was established by alumni and friends from the greater Lincoln, Neb. area to assist students who attend Doane University in pursuit of an outstanding education.
The Capital Alumni Chapter will award at least one current student a $250 scholarship per semester for a maximum of six semesters (or $1,500) as long as funds are available and the student is in good standing.
Applicants for the Capital Alumni Chapter Scholarship must:
- Apply spring semester of their first year.
- Have sophomore class standing the following fall semester.
- Be enrolled in a full-time, undergraduate program at the Doane University School of Arts and Sciences in Crete.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above.
- Be graduates of a Nebraska High School.
- Submit a 500-word essay (MLA formatting).
- Continue to earn a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a committee which includes The Chapter and Office of Financial Aid. Submission deadline is Friday, March 30, 2018. The scholarship recipient will be notified by April 13, 2018.