Business Administration Degree in Nebraska
Now, more than ever, the world demands business professionals who are not only good at what they do, but who conduct themselves ethically and can make decisions in turbulent business environments. If you’re looking for colleges in Nebraska that offer quality business administration courses, consider Doane University for these reasons:
1) The business administration program is well-rounded and challenging: Doane's Business Administration degree opens doors to many different career paths. Recent graduates are employed in advertising agencies, the banking industry, state and federal government, Fortune 500 businesses and small, privately-held companies. In addition, graduates have started their own for-profit and not-for-profit businesses.
2) Students learn through application-based coursework: Whether it is writing a marketing plan, evaluating a stock portfolio, running a business through an online simulation or completing an internship course in the business department, your coursework models reality.
3) We teach life skills: Our program is committed to teaching students how to think and make decisions, preparing students for today's ever-changing, highly-competitive business environment.
4) Students interact with business professionals: A distinguishing feature of Doane's business program is the opportunity for students to meet business leaders who hire our graduates. Within the last year, Doane students interacted with leaders, in the classroom and on-site, from Spreetail, Hudl, US Bank, Gallup, Sherwin-Williams, Firespring, Crete Carrier, Enterprise, KidGlov, and Cabelas, to name a few.
5) You will be taught by faculty with notable professional experience: Our faculty is diverse, bringing our industry experiences to the classroom. Members of the business faculty:
- Managed a multi-state financial services program for the largest privately held bank in the United States
- Owned an expert witness and financial services consulting firm
- Worked for the #1 ranked corporation of Fortune 500 companies
- Managed a full-service marketing department for 12 years
- Worked as an Executive Human Resource Manager for 17 years in various industries
6) Students are our top priority: As soon as you step on campus, you will know that you matter. We will know your name, what is important to you, and what you dream of doing. We will work side-by-side to help you accomplish your educational goals. Words that describe the business faculty include: available, challenging, engaging, enthusiastic, caring, helpful, and passionate.
This major provides a well-rounded education and prepares you for a variety of careers in business by helping develop:
- critical thinking
- problem identification
- problem solving
- teamwork skills
Business administration majors will be able to demonstrate their abilities to anticipate, understand and adapt to change as it affects the diverse business world. Our business administration courses will significantly enhance their career opportunities beyond competitors without a business administration degree.