When do you need to activate your gmail account?
- If you had a Doane email account PRIOR to 2009, and want to start using your @doane.edu gmail.
- Prior to using your @doane.edu gmail for the first time.
- If you change your password
For first-time users:
You should have received a letter with your network login information once you are admitted as a student. Please refer to this document for your username and password. Follow the steps below to begin using your Doane gmail.
To activate (or re-activate) your gmail account:
- Go to "Activate My Doane Gmail Account"
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If your current password is less than 8 characters, you will need to create a new password that is 8 characters or longer before you can activate/re-activate your account.
Passwords must contain characters from the following three (3) categories:
- Upper Case letters: A,B,C,D....Z
- Lower Case letters: a,b,c,d....z
- Numbers: 0-9
- Passwords may not contain your username or any part of your full name.
To change your password:
Your password will be changed for your blackboard, webadvisor and Doane gmail* accounts.
- Go to "Change My Password"
- Follow the on-screen instructions
*Once completed, please go to the step of activating your gmail account after changing your password.
Still Need Help?
We would be glad to assist with any password or account activation needs by contacting 402.826.8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.