2021 Senior Gift Campaign
The Senior Gift Campaign raises funds to benefit the Doane Fund, which provides opportunities to students in the areas of Athletics, Fine Arts, Campus Life, People, Financial Aid, and the general needs of the university. The Doane Fund has impacted all Tigers of the past and present, and donating toward it ensures that future Tigers are impacted postiively as well.
As seniors and members of the 2021 class, the senior volunteers that are behind the Senior Gift Campaign are challenging each of their classmates to commit to a gift of $20.21 (either one-time or recurring) to truly honor themselves and prove that they wish to assist future Tigers and their Doane Experience. Each gift can make a real impact on students long after the seniors have graduated, and a gift of any size—from $5 to $20.21, or more—truly makes a difference.
However, only those whose gifts total $20.21 or more will receive an orange philanthropy cord to wear at Commencement this May.
This year, the Senior Gift Campaign has set a minimum goal of 50 percent class participation. Their hope is to surpass the Class of ’19 (which holds the record for the highest participation rate at 39%) AND the Class of '20 (which holds the record for the most dollars raised with $2,108).
Every donation matters, even if its only $20.21. The giving percentage of alumni who give back boosts our school's prestige in the academic community. When alumni show confidence by giving back, we have a better shot at receiving outside grants.
Reasons To Make a Gift:
- Senior Toast – Seniors that donate to the campaign will be welcomed to the end-of-year Senior Toast, to be held in Cassel Theatre on Thursday, May 13th at 4 p.m. before the mandatory Commencement Rehearsal. More information to come!
- Philanthropy Cord – Seniors that donate at least $20.21 will receive an orange philanthropy cord to wear during Commencement with your robe.
- Honor a professor or staff member – With your online gift, you can honor your favorite professor(s) or staff member(s) at Doane, and add why you're honoring them in the "memory" field. We'll then share your kind words with them, making their day!
Members of the 2021 Senior Gift Committee:
- Lauren Theiler
- Kenneth Weber
- Becca Jerina
- Amanda Insalaco
- Natalie Brainard
- Haylee Heits
- Emerson Keithley
Ways to make your donation:
- Visit the Class of 2021's special GiveCampus donation page here
- VENMO your gift to @Doane2021
- Visit in-person, or by email, text, or phone with any of the committee members listed above.
- You can also make your donation by visiting (or emailing) Michael Stehlik in the Alumni Office or Julie Rasorshek in the Advancement Office, both located in Padour Walker, anytime during working hours Monday through Friday.
You don't have to sacrifice much to make your gift and an impact...
Why should I donate when I already pay tuition?
Will my small amount actually make a difference?
What is the Doane Fund?
Do I have to donate to the Doane Fund?