Units for Sale
Doane Village, a 10-unit independent living housing complex first occupied in 1986, is available to alumni and friends of Doane who are 55 years of age or older.
It is located on a paved street adjacent to the Crete country club and offers a spacious view of the wooded areas of Doane College.
There are both one- and two-bedroom units available which include:
- a living room
- laundry room
- high-speed Internet connection
- one of the attached garages
Each resident also has use of the nicely decorated common area, which consists of:
- A living room
- A large dining area with kitchenette
Unique amenities that Doane Village offers are:
- free access for residents to all activities such as plays, recitals, athletic events.
- use of the college library
- use of the Haddix recreation center
- participation in academic class work, tuition free (dependent upon available space)
- access to the Doane College help desk, available to answer computer related questions
- Doane facilities staff provide care and maintenance of the property
All units are non smoking and no pets allowed, other than birds and fish.
Fees and Costs
An additional monthly maintenance fee is collected by the college to cover common area charges and taxes.
Residents are responsible for their own telephone and electric bills.
One Bedroom Unit:
Monthly maintenance fees are approximately $170 per month plus $125 per month for taxes for a one-bedroom unit.
Two Bedroom Unit:
Monthly maintenance fees are approximately $170 per month plus $165 per month for taxes for two bedroom-unit.
Units are offered for resale by Doane College, which also serves as the property manager.
Residents, or their estates, retain 70% of the resale value upon vacating the property subject to stipulations of the agreement executed with the college.
For more information please contact:
1014 Boswell Ave.
Crete, NE 68333