Transfer to Doane
Doane College participates in the Nebraska Transfer Initiative with all six community colleges in the state. Each application is reviewed on an individual basis when determining admission.
- Doane requires that the previous institution(s) be accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations: North Central, New England, Middle States, Northwest, Southern, or Western. Credit from unaccredited institutions is not accepted. However, in some instances, credit from special purpose institutions (e.g. Bible Colleges accredited by the American Association of Bible Colleges) is accepted.
- Only grades C- or higher are brought in for transfer credit.
- Doane Crete accepts a maximum of 99 semester hours in transfer credit. Doane Lincoln, Grand Island and Omaha accept a maximum of 102 semester hours in transfer credit.
- If a student has completed an associate degree, diploma, or professional certificate at a two-year college, a maximum of 66 semester credits are accepted in transfer.
- If a student did not complete a professional competency (noted above) course are evaluated individually. In this evaluation a maximum of six semester credits are accepted in transfer for courses not normally offered at a four-year accredited college or university.
- Transfer credits are posted with a letter grade of 'P'. These credits are not included in the Doane College grade point average calculations, but do count toward the total credits required for graduation.
- Central Community College
- Metropolitan Community College
- Iowa Western Community College
- Mid-Plains Area Community College
- Northeast Community College
- Southeast Community College
If there is a course not listed that you have taken or are interested in taking, please contact the Registrar's office so the course can be reviewed for transferability. As more courses are reviewed the list will be updated. Learn more here.