TOT Job Description
Job Description: Tigers on Tour
Department: Alumni Office
Position Summary: The Tigers on Tour program is designed for students who will be involved in the promotion of Doane College to internal and external audiences through a variety of events. The program will provide the opportunity for students to integrate leadership concepts and theories with college relations initiatives. There will be an emphasis on developing skills in business, interpersonal communications, marketing, and social media. They will have hands-on experiences in engaging with alumni and friends through alumni research, interviews, and events.
This position has the potential to be a combination of paid and unpaid internship hours (3 credit hour maximum). It will also include a summer travel tour.
- Plan and execute a series of regional alumni dinners.
- Interview successful alumni about their relationship with Doane.
- Work with Junior and Senior students to keep them connected after graduation.
- Develop and maintain social media outreach campaigns.
- Work closely on event logistics.
- Communicate effectively with a significant number of young alumni.
- Make personal calls on the phone, in person or via Skype to key alumni.
- Other alumni communications and clerical duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skill / Abilities:
- Available to work part time for 0-3 internship credit hours February through mid-May (unpaid).
- Work full time from June – beginning of August (paid).
- Knowledgeable and proficient in use of social media
- Excellent writing skills and good eye for detail.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and project management skills.
- High level of student involvement (organizations, athletics, music, etc.).
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent creative thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leadership experience within campus organizations preferred.
- Ability to think on the spot and speak well with new people.