Study Abroad Information
Whether it is interacting with global business leaders in Norway, singing in Sweden, or tracing your roots in Germany, a significant part of your education at Doane may occur as you challenge yourself to explore new cultures and old civilizations halfway around the world. Taking advantage of our convenient 4-1-4 academic calendar, the unique travel scholarship provided for our students, and our extensive network of institutional connections around the globe, more than half of our students travel in the U.S. or abroad before they graduate.
Most students use their travel scholarships toward short-term college-sponsored study tours organized during the January or May Interterms. Largely led by faculty, these tours take them as far away as Africa, New Zealand, Japan, Ireland, and Israel, and to truly life-changing experiences. But others—in addition to our Honors students and language majors who have a study abroad requirement—choose to spend an entire semester or a year at one of our many affiliated international institutions. This allows them to better absorb new cultures, build stronger relationships, and travel locally in order to fully explore that region of the world.
International Institutions Affiliated with Doane
- Council of International Education: Allows Doane students to study in a variety of programs around the world, including Australia, Belgium, China, France, and Spain.
- International Studies Program of Central College: Allows Doane students access to general undergraduate studies and intensive language study in Austria, China, England, France, Mexico, Spain, and Wales.
- Goethe Institut, Germany: Offers Doane students excellent opportunities for intensive German language study.
- Doane Africa Semester Abroad: Spend a semester studying in Africa under the direction of Doane faculty member.
- Lancaster University, Lancaster, England: Offers Doane students a variety of flexible programs designed to incorporate opportunities for them to explore Europe even as they earn their credits.