No two study abroad trips are alike – unless you count the life-changing part.
Among the lessons students learn:
- How people across the globe are fundamentally similar and different.
- How their leadership impacts other people.
- How the confidence they gain will help them long past their time at Doane.
A portion of Doane students—in addition to honors students and language majors who have a study abroad requirement—choose to spend an entire semester or a year at one of Doane’s many affiliated international institutions.
They absorb new cultures, build relationships and travel locally in order to fully explore a region of the world. They explore new cultures and study ancient civilizations.
Our students tell us that studying art history in Italy was like stepping inside a textbook; that working with industry leaders in Norway was a business lesson unto itself.
International Institutions Affiliated with Doane
- Council of International Educational Exchange: Allows Doane students to study in programs around the world, including Australia, Belgium, China, France, and Spain.
- International Studies Program of Central College: Allows Doane students access to general undergraduate studies and intensive language study in Austria, China, England, France, Mexico, Spain and Wales.
- Goethe Institut, Germany: Offers Doane students excellent opportunities for intensive German language study.
- Doane Africa Semester Abroad: Spend a semester studying in Africa under the direction of Doane Professor Dr. Betty Levitov.
- Lancaster University, Lancaster, England: Offers Doane students a variety of flexible programs designed to incorporate opportunities for them to explore Europe even as they earn their credits.