Hate and Bias Reports
If you believe you have been the victim of a hate or bias incident at Doane College you have several resources available to support you. Below are some basic definitions:
Hate Crime: A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, Congress has defined a hate crime as a "criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation."
Bias Incident: Bias incidents are acts of conduct, speech, or expression that target individuals and groups baed on race, religion, ethnic/national origin, gender, gender identify, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
Unlike hate crimes, bias incidents are not criminal offenses. However, some bias incidents may violate college policy or the student conduct code; other acts may be protected expressions of speech.
Making a Report: Hate or bias reports can be filed with the following campus offices:
(Hate Reports) * Crete Police Department (located at 1945 Forest) phone (402)826-4311 or 911
* Safety Office (located in the lower level of the Perry Campus Center) phone: (402)826-8669 or email: email@example.com
* Student Leadership Office (located in the lower level of the Perry Campus Center), phone: (402)826-8111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* (Employees) Human Resources Office (located in the lower level of the Perry Campus Center), phone: (402)826-6773 or email: email@example.com
Advocates: The college has a Advocacy Response Team (ART) for the campus. If you have questions or are seeking someone to speak with, plese contact
- Nathan Erickson at (402)826.8596/GA313firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessie Myles at (402)826.8554/PC144email@example.com
Stop the Hate