Campus Closing Information: MONDAY, JANUARY 16 - All four campuses will be closed. No evening classes. TUESDAY, JANUARY 17 - Crete campus will open at 10 a.m. Grand Island, Lincoln and Omaha campuses will open at noon. A decision about Tuesday evening classes will be made Tuesday afternoon and communicated. Please continue to monitor the Doane website for further information.
Congratulations on choosing Doane University as your new home away from home! We're excited to welcome to our beautiful campus. Doane University pursues a philosophy of learning while living together. Although it varies year to year, approximately two thirds of our student body live in the residence halls.
Early Arrival Move In Dates (9am - Noon)
2017 - 2018 Academic year early arrival dates will be set later in the year. Please check back for more updated information.
First Year Student Move In Dates (1pm to 4pm)
2017 - 2018 First year student move in dates will be set later in the year. Please check back for more updated information.
Residence Halls at a Glance
- Doane University has six residence halls with a combined capacity of 832 residents. Smith Hall, Sheldon Hall, and Frees Hall are traditional style. Hansen Leadership Hall and Burrage & Colonial Halls (the "Quads") are suite style.
- Our traditional halls are co-ed by room, meaning each floor will have male and female students residing on them.
- Hansen and the Quads are restricted to upperclassmen, with the exception of Directions program students in Hansen.
- Colonial is home to our Themed Communities, a student-led housing option for upperclass residents who plan to live and learn together from shared experience. Themed Communities may be co-ed, but must register to do so.
- More information about our halls is available here.
Furniture in the Halls
Every room on campus is furnished, but students sometimes choose to bring some of their own furniture, such as futons. All residence halls provide lofts to residents. Furniture policy allows residents to bring futons, small fridges, book shelves, office chairs, or small, modular shelving/drawers (like the kind Rubbermaid and other companies make). If you have any questions about furniture you would like to bring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer quite a number of amenities in our halls, including laundry facilities and a wireless network. As an incoming student, you will learn more about the amenities when you attend your Enrollment Day. We also provide a list of what to bring when you move into the halls. In addition to the many amenities, Residential Life and Housing allow you to keep fish as pets.
Whether you're looking for a meal, a snack, or a hot drink, Perry Campus Center is the place to be. Sodexo provides all dining services at Doane University. They are able to answer any questions you might have about nutrition, food choices, and prices. If you're looking for information on meal plans, please contact our Business Office at 402.826.8200.