What to Bring to Campus
Moving into Your College Room
Housing completes room assignments and mails out the information each summer. Once you receive your letter, you should first call your roommate and coordinate what each of you will bring. Nothing is worse than having two refrigerators but no TV (or even two of everything!). Please note, we provide no student storage on campus. You can also download and print a copy of this list here.
Major items to coordinate with your roommate(s):
- Mini fridge
- DVD/Blu-ray player
- Gaming Consoles
- Power strip/Surge protector (no extension cords allowed!)
- Alarm clock
- Laundry basket, detergent, and quarters
- Bedding - pillows and extra-long twin sheets
- Shower tote and sandals
- Personal hygiene items
- Message board or marker board
- 3M or other removable tape
- Pictures of friends and family
- School supplies
- Flashlight and batteries
- Cup, bowl, fork, and spoon
Extra Stuff to Consider:
- Personal Computer
- Floor Rug
- Storage Containers
- Drawer Organizers
- Over-the-door hooks or hangers
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Water Pitcher
- Chip clips, can opener
- Hand vacuum and cleaning wipes
- Kleenex and napkins
- Air Freshener
- Basic First Aid Kit
Items that are absolutely not allowed:
- Extension cords
- Microwaves, hot pots, George Foreman Grills, candle warmer, and coffee makers - anything with an exposed heating element
- Pets (Only Fish Are Allowed)
- Halogen Lamps
- Candles, incense, or anything else with an open flame
Doane College Residence Hall Reminders
- Sheldon, Smith and Frees Hall rooms have hard surface floors; Hansen is carpeted.
- All rooms have basic cable.
- All rooms have wireless internet.
- All residence halls have pay laundry facilities - quarters or pre-paid cards.
- All residence halls have a computer lab.
- All residence halls have kitchen facilities and microwaves,
We enforce these rules to comply with fire code regulations, keep room damages and student fines to a minimum, and also to prevent power surge problems. We do not want to jeopardize students' safety or cause problems to computers operating in any of the rooms in the event of a power failure.
Doane College prohibits permit holders from possessing or carrying a concealed handgun on the premises, unless otherwise authorized by law. Violation of this prohibition is a criminal offense. Pursuant to the Nebraska revised statute, 69-2441.