All four Doane campuses (Crete, Grand Island, Lincoln and Omaha) will be closed on Monday, January 16 due to inclement weather and adverse driving conditions. No evening classes will be held. Any additional closings will be posted here as soon as they are announced.
If you've never lived on your own, you may be surprised at some of the things you're expected to pay for.
Once you sign a lease, you're bound to honor it. Knowing what pitfalls to look for as a first-time renter can help you avoid making the mistake of spending a lot of money in vain. Careful evaluation of your housing needs and options is a vital part of the housing search process.
Doane University is a residential campus. We strongly believe that the experiences you have living in the residential community greatly impact your development as a student and offer many opportunities for you to learn skills outside of the classroom. In addition research has shown that students who live on campus, on average, have a higher GPA, are more active in student life, and are generally more successful. Because of these reasons Doane University requires students to live on campus unless certain exemptions are met. If you have any questions about the residency policy please contact the Student Affairs Office at (402) - 826 - 8111.
Things to consider when deciding which option is right for you:
- Show me the money - what can you afford and still have a life?
- Location, location, location - is it within walking distance? will your costs for gas go up?
- House or apartment? - what are you responsible to maintain (scoop snow, mow grass etc.) if you rent a house vs. an apt.
- Social life? -will you still be able to afford to meet up with friends for the fun things?
- Time commitment - will you need to work extra hours to make enough money, or just plan a little better with the money you have?
- Roommate? - who would be a good fit to be a roomie?
We've put together some resources to help you in your search.
Interested in becoming a member of the Association of Commuter Students?
Contact the Residence Life Office at email@example.com or 402.826.8111.