At the end of the year approaches please take some time to review the information below about the checkout process. If you have any questions please contact our main office at (402) - 826 - 8111 or email@example.com.
When Do I need to checkout?
Non - Graduation Participants
24 Hours after your last final OR Friday, May 12th @ 9:00am
(Whichever is Earliest)
Monday, May 15th @ 9:00am
How do i check out of the hall?
Step 1: Prep your room and common area, if applicable.
- Ensure that all personal items have been removed
- Deloft your bed if lofted.
- Clean out all furniture including dresser drawers and desk drawers.
- Remove any and all trash.
- Lock Windows
- Remove any and all tape, sticky tack, or other items from the walls and ceiling.
- Set the air temperature to low, unless your roommate is still present.
Step 2: Prepare your checkout envelope.
- Grab your checkout envelope from your CA or from your quad's packet.
- Place your bunking pins in your checkout envelope.
- Lock the door to your room and the exterior door to common areas.
- Place both your room key and your exterior key into the small key envelope inside the larger envelope.
- Seal both the small and large envelope.
- Sign the checkout envelope.
Step 3: Turn in your checkout envelope.
- Take your signed checkout envelope to either a staff member or to the red lockbox in Hansen or Smith Hall lobbies and deposit the envelope into the red lockbox.
- Sign the roster next to the lockbox.
You’re free to leave!
- You are able to sign up for a checkout appointment with a CA or Staff Member. Please check their availability if you would like for a staff member to check your room.
- Quiet Hours: Begin on Friday May 5th @ 5pm - End on Friday May 12th @ 9am
Fees to avoid!
Trash not removed from your room could result in a $50 fee or more.
If your room is found in violation of the health and safety standards of the college we may contract an outside service to clean your room. This results in a minimum fee of $500.
Beds that are not completely unbunked or delofted amy result in a fee of $50.
Furniture not set according to the available room map may result in a fee of $50.
Personal belongings left behind will be disposed of by Residential Life staff. A removal fee of $50 or more may apply.
Mailbox Key Fee
Mailbox keys need to be returned to the Service Bureau (Mail Room). A $25 administrative fee may be applied for any keys returned to Residential Life.