1. EDU 211, 221, 321, 325, 341, 361, 453 (or 455) and EDS-207.
2. Complete the special methods requirement in each of the teaching majors.
3. Complete the cognate IST 201.
4. Complete a teaching major or endorsement in one of the following areas: Art, Biology, Chemistry, English, English/Language Arts, French, German, History, Mathematics, Music, Natural Science, Physical Education, Physical Science, Physics, Social Science, and Theatre.
A second teaching major or endorsement is required when majoring in the following: Chemistry, English, French, German, History, Physical Education, Physics, and Theatre.
5. Attain the following grade point averages:
a. 2.80 in each teaching major.
b. 3.00 in all education courses.
c. 3.00 cumulative (all courses).
6. Receive the recommendation of the Teacher Education Committee.
7. Complete 12 graduate credits at Doane College in the summer immediately following graduation and prior to certification as follows:
a. Secondary: EDU 600, EDU 602, EDU 663, EDU 665
b. Secondary/Special Education: EDS 626, EDS 622, EDU 663, EDU 664 or 665 Education / 123