Crete & Beyond
Living in Crete is like the perfect sweet and salty snack. You’re on a friendly, safe campus with plenty to do—and you’re within a short drive to Lincoln and Omaha
for more attractions and a couple hundred thousand more people.
Founded in 1870, this friendly college town is a community of just over 6,000. Whether it was pioneers, railroad laborers, factory workers, or farmers, everyone who came to call Crete home helped shape its current cultural diversity, hard work ethic and friendly demeanor.
Fun Things to Do in Town
- Go to a movie at the historic Isis Theatre
- Play a round of golf at College Heights Country Club
- Try your hand at trap shooting
- Visit a local restaurant to exercise your taste buds
- Take a stroll downtown for some shopping therapy
- Master some karate moves…. hiyah
- Learn to skydive at SkyDiveCrete
Crete is located 20 minutes south of Lincoln, the state capital. It offers shopping, nightlife, college and minor league sports, concerts, parks, trails, golf courses, museums, and a friendly Midwestern atmosphere.
Just over an hour up the interstate is Omaha, the largest city in the state and 42nd largest in the United States. It’s home to cool things like the College World Series, the Henry Doorly Zoo and The Old Market.
Major and regional airlines serve these nearby airports.
Lincoln Airport (28 miles)
2400 West Adams Street
Omaha Eppley Airfield (88 miles)
4501 Abbott Drive
W. Highway 33
1880 W. 12th Street (W. Highway 33)