Doane Theatre Announces 2016-17 Season
Doane University Theatre will open an entertaining new season with four dynamic productions this academic year. The season kicks off October 13-15 with the national amateur theatre premiere of “The Heart of Robin Hood” by David Farr. Also included in this season are Anton Chekhov’s “The Seagull”, Aaron Posner’s Stupid F##king Bird and “The Robber Bridegroom” book and lyrics by Alfred Urhy and music by Robert Waldman.
Doane University 2016-17 Theatre Schedule
October 13-15 – The Heart of Robin Hood by David Farr
November 17-19 – The Seagull by Anton Chekhov
February 23-25 – Stupid F##king Bird by Aaron Posner
April 27-30 – The Robber Bridegroom, book and lyrics by Alfred Urhy, music by Robert Waldman
Curtain for all productions is 7:30 p.m., with the exception of the April 30 performance of The Robber Bridegroom which will be a 4:00 p.m. matinee.
Tickets for all productions may be reserved online at http://www.doane.edu/theatre-ticket-reservations or by calling 402-826-8256. All shows take place in Doane’s Whitcomb Lee Conservatory.
Under the direction of Robin McKercher, Doane’s Theatre Department has been consistently recognized. Since 2006, Doane has had:
· 36 Regional Meritorious Achievement Awards
· 12 regional design awards
· 5 finalists in 5 years (2010-14) for KCACTF design awards, including 1 national champion in scenic design
· 5 finalist teams in the Irene Ryan Acting Competition
Doane Theatre students have gone on to:
· Act in major studio films
· Sing in a starring role on Broadway
· Star in network television series
· Perform with acclaimed improv comedy group The Second City
· Design sets, lighting, props and sound for regional and national theatre productions
· Manage professional theatres across the country