Graduate Counseling Courses in Nebraska
Whether you are looking to embark on a new career, establish yourself as a professional counselor or further your education, Doane's Master of Arts in Counseling program can help you meet your goal.
What Makes Us Different
- Tailored to the working adult. Counseling courses meet in the evenings to accommodate your schedule within short, nine-week terms.
- Faculty are practicing professionals. This expertise provides a rich, hands-on environment for learning and developing skills in the assessment of problem behavior and intervention.
- Community learning experience. The wealth of personal and professional knowledge you bring to the classroom makes teaching and learning a shared experience.
Our Program Model
Our program follows a competency-based, practitioner model, which places primary emphasis on students who are seeking state licensure in mental health counseling. This "basic competencies" model is similar to the model developed by the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology. Courses are available at our campuses in Lincoln, Grand Island, and Omaha Nebraska.
Coursework and supervised practical experiences from any one of our three graduate program campuses in Nebraska can help you develop these core skills:
- Knowledge about current empirical and theoretical developments
- Capable of critically evaluating clinical research
- Able to assume leadership positions
- Serve as respected consultants in mental health delivery systems
- Principles of effective and ethical counseling