Journalism & Media Scholarship Information
To be considered, please complete the Journalism and Media Scholarship Application and supply a portfolio of work. The portfolio can be submitted in a variety of formats: print copies; a website; or a CD or DVD with inkjet-printable adhesive labels. Your disc should be platform-independent, meaning it works on both PC and Macintosh computers.
Portfolios must contain one or more of the following:
- Copies of three of your best writing, published in a newspaper or yearbook. Photocopies of stories (even those reduced to fit on 8.5 x 11" paper) are acceptable as long as they are readable.
- A sheet of photographic slides, especially color, or 5-10 clips of published photos or original prints of photographs.
- Copies of six pieces of published graphic artwork.
- Copies of three published print page designs or page layouts.
- The Web address of the online news site for which you work and a written explanation about your job duties.
- Any on-camera performance.
- Any on-microphone performance.
- Any audio or video of you giving a speech.
- Any audio and/or video recorded and edited by you accompanied by a written explanation of your work.
Assistant Professor of Journalism
Journalism Department Chair
402.829.8269 / 800.333.6263 toll-free