IRS Data Retrieval System
Tax Information for Filing Your FAFSA
The Department of Education and the IRS collaborated to make the FAFSA filing process simpler and more convenient for students and parents by implementing the IRS Data Retrieval system.
The IRS Data Retrieval System:
- Migrates your IRS data directly into the FAFSA
- Ensures accuracy
- Saves time
- Reduces the likelihood of being selected for verification
- Requires less paperwork for our office
Your tax return will be available for data retrieval 7 days after electronic submission to the IRS. Visit www.FAFSA.gov and the site will walk you through the entire retrieval process or view an online tutorial.
Need free help preparing your taxes?
- Students - get help from the Doane Accounting Club to complete your tax returns
- Find a VITA site near you:
Doane welcomes students of any age, gender, sexual orientation, race, faith tradition, color, disability, or national or ethnic origin.