Enrollment Criteria & Requirements
Doane University has a competitive admission process in which students are considered for admission based largely on their academic performance and credentials. As a result, Doane University evaluates each individual student for admission based on their academic merit as demonstrated by application documents. The college will consider the following information in the review of academic preparedness for Doane’s academic program:
- Performance in High school and any applicable college or post-secondary education based on course-by-course evaluated transcripts.
- Performance in such tests as ACT (School Code: 002544 ) and/or SAT (School Code: 6165 ).
- English proficiency
English Proficiency Requirements
Doane University requires international students demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting one of the following (scores must be from a test taken within the last two years):
- TOEFL (School Code: 6165 ) or equivalent
- IBT: 75 with minimums of 16 reading, 16 listening, 12 speaking, and 14 writing.
- PBT paper based: 525
- CBT computer based: 196
- IELTS minimum 6 or equivalent
- ACT score of 21 on the English subsection or equivalent
- Complete the Doane University International Student Application
- Transcripts: Provide official, course-by-course evaluated copies of all secondary and post secondary transcripts.
- If you currently reside in the United States and will transfer from another school in the United States to Doane University, submit the F-1 transfer report form. Transfer Report Form.
- Test Scores: Provide official scores from all applicable tests including but not limited to: TOEFL, SAT, or ACT. Doane’s SAT and TOEFL code is 6165, ACT code is 002544.
- Proof of Financial Responsibility: International students and their families or sponsors are responsible for all tuition and living expenses at Doane University. In order to show that you can meet the financial responsibilities, you must confirm and document sufficient funds through personal/family savings, scholarship/government/employer, and/or loans. Provide official, original proof of financial responsibility which covers remaining applicable costs (comprehensive costs minus and applicable Doane University financial aid) for one academic year
- Direct Cost of Attendance in US Dollars 2016/17 (subject to change):
- Tuition: $29,720
- International Student Fees (not including insurance): $650
- Room & Board: $8,750