Instructions for Audition Recordings
Winter Festival of Strings - Saturday, January 18, 2014
Please put the following information on a tape or CD, or send an MP3 file to email@example.com:
- The name of your school or studio.
- Indicate which group of instrumentalists is on the tape (i.e., violin, viola, or cello/bass).
- The name of your students in the order they are recorded.
- Be sure to use the best quality recording equipment available to you.
- Students are judged on their performance of the scale and prepared piece. Failure to perform one of these areas may result in a lower score.
- State the name of your school or studio at the beginning of the tape.
- State the name of the student at the beginning of each student's recorded audition.
- Have the student play a D-major scale as many octaves as possible.
- Have the student play a short prepared etude or solo (2-5 minutes).
IF YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR THE SOLO COMPETITION:
- Perform solo (with accompanist),
- Indicate clearly on the outside of the tape and at the beginning of the recording your name and the title and composer of your solo.
$15 per student. Cash or checks payable to Doane College to be paid at registration on January 18, 2014.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Your audition tapes will be available to you at the festival.