Instructions for Audition Recordings
Winter Festival of Strings - Saturday, January 18, 2014
Please put the following information on a CD, or send an MP3 file to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The name of your school or studio.
- Indicate which group of instrumentalists is on the tape (i.e., violin, viola, or cello/bass).
- The name of your students in the order they are recorded.
- Please announce the name of the student on the recording before they play.
- Be sure to use the best quality recording equipment available to you.
- Students are judged on their performance of the scale and prepared piece. Failure to perform one of these areas may result in a lower score.
- State the name of your school or studio at the beginning of the tape.
- State the name of the student at the beginning of each student's recorded audition.
- Have the student play a D-major scale as many octaves as possible.
- Have the student play a short prepared etude or solo (2-5 minutes).
IF YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR THE SOLO COMPETITION:
- Perform solo (with accompanist),
- Indicate clearly on the outside of the recording and at the beginning of the recording your name, the title and composer of your solo.
Reminder to Teachers and Directors:
Return all audition materials to by Monday, December 1, 2014 to:
Dr. Kara Baxter
Doane College Music Department
1014 Boswell Ave.
Crete, NE 68333
$15 per student. Cash or checks, made payable to Doane College. To be paid at registration on January 24, 2015.