Doane's Science, Mathematics and Information Science and Technology programs are housed in the Lied Science and Mathematics Building, encompassing 60,000-plus square feet. Specialized laboratories and flexible classrooms allow for in-depth interaction among faculty and students.
The Lied Foundation of Las Vegas, Nevada, provided Doane College $3 million for construction of the building. The Lied Building houses astronomy, biology, chemistry, geology, environmental science, information science and technology, mathematics, natural science, physics, and physical science. The college's preprofessional programs in engineering; environmental science, forestry; medical, dental, and allied health; and veterinary medicine, are also held in the Lied Science and Mathematics Building.
- Two state-of-the-art classrooms/labs
- Research and development laboratory with state-of-the-art information technology
- Electronics laboratory & shop
- Laptops available for nightly checkout
Technology Around Campus:
- Wireless access available throughout campus
- Network connection in all college buildings
- Student file storage available via cloud
- Computers available in all residence halls and academic buildings.
Specialty computer facilities available in numerous disciplines (i.e. physics, communication studies, art)